- The Songcatchers Music Series, now in its 15th year, showcases acoustic music with roots in the Southern Appalachians and the musicians who nurture the tradition of passing this heritage on to others. The Songcatchers Music series is an official part of the Blue Ridge National Heritage Area’s Blue Ridge Music Trail. Morrow Insurance Agency is this year’s sponsor.
· Local musicians are often on site at 3:00 p.m. to jam before the concert
· Concert begins with a warm-up at 4:00 p.m. After a short break the featured performer will begin.
· Concerts take place in the wheelchair accessible, covered outdoor amphitheater unless storms move them inside the Forest Discovery Center.
· Admission for this event is $6.00 for ages 16 and older, $3.00 for youth 15 and under, America the Beautiful Pass holders, and Golden Age Passport holders.