Wednesdays, June 7- August 2; 10:30am – 12:30pm.
What do forester’s need to know? How to prepare for an outdoor trip, identifying trees and how they grow, using a compass and map, wildlife habitats, and more!
- Designed for boys and girls ages 8-12
- Combines learning new skills, discovery and reflection
- Each youth receives a Junior Forester badge upon taking the “Conservation Pledge.”
- Fee: $4.00/child/program. Accompanying adults admitted for half the entrance fee ($2.50).
- Free for accompanying adults with season passes to the Cradle of Forestry, America the Beautiful Senior passes and Golden Age Passports.
Some light hiking may take place during these events, so the following items are recommended for children and accompanying adults to wear and/or bring:
- Sturdy, close-toed shoes
- Small backpack
- Water bottle
Reservations are required! Please call (828)877-3130 or stop by to sign up and save your spot!