Under new management in 2017 by Zika Singogo, the Café at the Cradle menu features lunch items made with local and seasonal ingredients. An array of sandwiches, soups, salads, kids’ meals, hot coffee and cold beverages including local sodas are available at affordable prices. Sit outside on the porch surrounded by trees and a peek at some of the surrounding mountains. We recommend you try the pulled pork sandwich or the grilled chicken and pesto sandwich.
Read more about Zika here.
The Café is open Tuesday-Sunday from 11am-3pm.
Zika’s menu may change seasonally but regularly features fresh, local ingredients. Barbeque is his specialty but other items on the menu regularly include grilled chicken, hamburger with handmade pimento cheese, breakfast sandwich and more. Salads are soups are also available, as well as a children’s menu.
Also available are To Go picnic styled lunches so you can hit the trails and eat luxuriously on a sunny rock by a babbling stream.Call in ahead of time so it will be ready when you arrive.
Ploughman’s Lunch – feeds 2 to 3 people. $25
- Raspberry Onion Jam
- 1 Soft Cheese (Brie, Bleu Cheese, Goat, etc)
- 2 Hard Cheeses (Artisan Cheddar, Smoked Gouda, etc)
- Sliced Baguette
- Whole Grain Mustard
- Choice of 1 Meat (Sliced Salami, Smoked Local Trout, House-made Sausage or Cured Ham)
BBQ – feeds 4 to 6 people. $40 (or 2 people for $25**)
- Choice of 2 Meats (Pulled Pork, Smoked Chicken, Ribs or Smoked Portobello Caps topped with Sundried Tomato Pesto & Goat Cheese)
- Choice of 2 Sides (Peach Baked Beans, Mac N Cheese, Corn Pudding, Collard Greens, Apple Slaw, or Peach Cobbler)
- Gallon Iced Tea
- White Bread
- Choice of Sauce (Tomato-based Sweet, Mustard, Eastern Carolina, or Blueberry Ginger)
** For 2 people, sides will be portioned individually and picnic will come with 1/2 gallon of tea
BYOPL (Build Your Own Picnic Lunch) – $12/person for up to 2 people or $10.50/person for groups of 4 or more
- Choose Your Bread (12-Grain Wheat, Artisan White, Kaiser Roll, or Bolillo)
- Choose Your Meat (Seared Chicken Breast, Ham, Turkey, Roast Beef, or Smoked Portobello Cap topped with Sundried Tomato Pesto & Goat Cheese)
- Choose Your Condiments (Mayo, Whole Grain Mustard, honey Mustard, Garlic Aioli, Housemade Pesto, Roasted Red Pepper Aioli, Tomato Jam, Housemade Horseraddish Sauce)
- Choose Your Cheese (Swiss, Cheddar, Provolone, American)
- Choose Your Toppings (Spring Mix, Red Onion, Tomato, Roasted Red Peppers, Caramelized Onions, Aus Jus)
- Choose Your Side (Cookies, Fruit, Side Salad or Chips)
- Choose Your Drink (Iced Tea, Water, or Coke Products. Local Soda with $2.75 upcharge)
If your organization is spending a day at the Cradle of Forestry, allow our Café to cater your lunch at $15/person.
- Meats – Ham, Roast Beef & Turkey Cheeses – Cheddar, Swiss & Provolone Condiments (choose 4) – Spicy Mustard, Mayo, Garlic Aioli, Roasted Red Pepper Aioli, Ramp Pesto Served on Mini Baguettes with Organic Spring Mix, Local Tomato & Red Onion
- Fresh Fruit Tray
BBQ Sandwiches & Fresh Fruit:
- Hickory & Wild Cherry Smoked Pulled Pork on Kaiser Roll
- Traditional Slaw
- Local Pickle
- Fresh Fruit Tray
- Hickory & Wild Cherry Smoked Pulled Pork Shoulder
- Corn Pudding
- Choice of Peach Baked Beans, Collard Greens or Sweet Potato Gratin
- Apple Slaw
- Choice of 2 Sauces: Mustard, Eastern Carolina, Traditional, Blueberry Ginger, Raspberry Chipotle
- Bringing a guided group? Your lunch can be catered for your group when planned in advance.
Questions? Email Zika Singogo, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 828-280-0826.