Songcatchers Summer Music Series
The 17th annual Songcatchers Music Series, presented by Gaia Herbs, showcases music with its roots in the Southern Appalachians and the musicians who nurture the tradition of passing this heritage on to others. This event is an official part of the Blue Ridge National Heritage Area’s Blue Ridge Music Trail.
Featured Artist: Chatham Rabbits
Sarah and Austin McCombie — Chatham Rabbits — a husband and wife duo from Bynum, North Carolina have both been playing music since childhood and both love how they feel when they bring their music into the world. As individuals, they’ve wandered down many musical paths and been a part of quite a few musical configurations, but ever since they met, they’ve found a sound and style that they love best.
Chatham Rabbits’ have developed their own sound in traditional folk music with their debut album “All I Want from You.” The duo recorded the album in Chapel Hill’s The Rubber Room with owner and engineer Jerry Brown. Brown has worked with several big names in folk music, like Doc Watson, Carolina Chocolate Drops, Steep Canyon Rangers and Mandolin Orange as well.
Learn more about Chatham Rabbits at http://www.chathamrabbits.com
· Local musicians are often on site at 2:30 p.m. to jam before the concert
· Concert begins with a warm-up by local artists at 3:15.
– After a short break the featured performer will begin at 4:00.
- Concerts take place in the wheelchair accessible, covered outdoor amphitheater unless storms move them inside the Forest Discovery Center.
- Tickets are sold on-site the day of.
- While the trails at The Cradle of Forestry are pet friendly, this is a pet free event.