Songcatchers Summer Music Series
The 17th annual Songcatchers Music Series, presented by Gaia Herbs, showcases music with its roots in the Southern Appalachians and the musicians who nurture the tradition of passing this heritage on to others. This event is an official part of the Blue Ridge National Heritage Area’s Blue Ridge Music Trail.
Featured Artists: Laura Boosinger and Josh Goforth
Laura Boosinger has won glowing reviews wherever she appears and is blessed with an ‘essence of the mountains’ spirit that can take you back to the good old days when folks used to huddle around the radio. It’s said that people who haven’t seen her ‘live’ should prepare themselves for a “goose pimples experience.” Josh Goforth is an outstanding musician, acclaimed fiddler, guitar picker, mandolin player and storyteller, from Madison County, North Carolina. Josh has already garnered a Grammy nomination and has established himself as a great producer as well as stunning instrumentalist.
Sing Out magazine called Josh and Laura’s latest CD, “Most of all,” “Simple, direct and as good as it gets.”
· Local musicians are often on site at 2:30 p.m. to jam before the concert
· Concert begins with a warm-up by local artists at 3:15
– After a short break the featured performer will begin at 4:00.
- Concerts take place in the wheelchair accessible, covered outdoor amphitheater unless storms move them inside the Forest Discovery Center.
- Tickets are sold on-site the day of.
- While the trails at The Cradle of Forestry are pet friendly, this is a pet free event.