is back summer, 2021!
Who is Woodsy Owl? Caring, friendly, and wise, Woodsy Owl is a whimsical fellow created by the US Forest Service and he’s got his heart set on motivating kids to form healthy, lasting relationships with nature. As Woodsy flies across our land, he encourages youngsters to marvel at and explore the natural world, even in the city. His motto “Lend a Hand – Care for the Land!” encourages everyone to make a positive difference in their world.
Woodsy Owl’s Curiosity Club is a weekly educational program designed for children ages 4 to 7 to explore nature with their trusted adult and Cradle naturalist. Programs are 1.5 hours long and begin with the reading of a forest-themed story and include fun activities, games and a craft.
Programs meet Wednesdays this summer from 10:30am to 12:00pm. Programs cost $5 per child and accompanying adults are $3 (half-price). Pre-Registration and payment is required. All programs will meet at our outdoor amphitheater and take place on and around the Cradle’s paved trails. An adult is required to attend, 1 per family.
- July 7th Your Big Backyard: Learning about local plants and wildlife
- July 14 Forest Birds: Learning about local birds
- July 21 The Ants Go Marching: Learning about the tiny world of ants
- July 28 Slimy & Scaly Creatures: Learning about reptiles & amphibians Program Full
- August 4 Navigation: Learning about maps, directions & basic compass skills Program Full
- August 11 Forest Fairy Tales: Exploring the story of Jack and the Beanstalk
- August 18 Busy Squirrels!: Learning about local squirrels
Children are encouraged to wear clothing suitable for exploring outside with close-toed shoes, rain gear, and a water bottle.
If you have any questions about Woodsy Owl’s Curiosity Club, email firstname.lastname@example.org