Join Woodsy Owl’s Curiosity Club!
Help Woodsy Owl in his conservation mission to “lend a hand, care for the land!”
What is it?
Woodsy Owl is the USDA Forest Service’s conservation symbol whose motto is, “Lend a hand, care for the land!”. These nature education programs are designed for children ages 4 to 7 with an accompanying caregiver. Programs run weekly on Wednesdays and Thursdays between June 17 and August 6. Programs are from 10:30am to 12:00pm and invite children to explore the nature world with their trusted caregiver and the guidance of a Cradle naturalist. Come to one or all eight programs, great for families vacationing in the Blue Ridge mountains this summer!
We are sad to announce that all Woodsy Owl programs are canceled for 2020.
We are developing a way to still share some Woodsy Owl Activities with families to be able to do at home.
Please stay tuned and follow us on Facebook & Instagram for updates.
- Each Wednesday or Thursday an outdoor-oriented activity explores a different forest related theme. Designed to engage children ages 4-7 in the natural world, programs include reading a story, activities, games, and a craft.
- Thursdays are perfect for parents who have multiple children old enough for Woodsy and Junior Forester (for ages 8 to 12) programs.
- Blends investigation and creativity. The program starts in our Forest Discovery classroom and heads outside for investigation and play.
- Each child leaves with the colorful book, Woodsy’s ABCs and a craft they create.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult. The program costs $5 per child and $3 for accompanying adults.